Our Mission & Values
The San Francisco Foundation mobilizes resources and acts as a catalyst for change to build strong communities, foster civic leadership, and promote philanthropy.
We embrace these values for ourselves and for the community that we serve:
- Accountability – taking responsibility for delivering on our mission;
- Integrity – demonstrating integrity through accessible, timely, and responsive actions;
- Excellence – fostering excellence and leadership in individuals and institutions;
- Social Justice – addressing disparities and strengthening the rights and voices of the most vulnerable in our community;
- Leadership – demonstrating proactive leadership on issues that are crucial to communities we serve;
- Diversity – creating a culture of access, inclusion, and equity in all aspects of our work.