As a community foundation, we maintain an open door for nonprofit organizations via an annual open application grant period. Our Equity Grants Open Cycle allows us to learn about innovative work happening in the field and on the ground. The Open Cycle also provides us with an opportunity to build relationships with emerging organizations making strides in our collective goal to advance equity in the Bay Area.
2020 Application Timeline and Process
- Please review the following materials:
- Funding Guidelines: An overview of eligibility requirements and the kind of work we’re funding in 2020.
- Webinar: A one-hour presentation, featuring senior program staff, that provides details about our 2020 funding priorities.
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions.
- Application Guide: A document to help you through the application process, question by question.
- Application Draft Template: A fillable PDF that you can use to draft, edit and review your draft application before submitting your answers in our online portal.
- January 13: Application period opens in our online portal.
- January 27: Organizations new to SFF must create accounts by 5:00 p.m. PST (there will be no technical assistance after 5:00 p.m. PST).
- February 3: Applications due in our online portal by 5:00 p.m. PST (there will be no technical assistance after 5:00 p.m. PST)
- May: Grant announcements made.
- June: Grants awarded/grants starting date.
Questions? Please contact Maria Healey at firstname.lastname@example.org.