Click on the sections below for forms, guides, and resources available to help with your giving planning.
The San Francisco Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, and our Employer Identification Number (EIN) is #01-0679337.
Ways to Manage Your Fund
- For online grantmaking, visit the Donor Portal
- To make a grant recommendation, complete a Grant Recommendation Form (submit via fax, mail or email)
- Review the International Grantmaking Fact Sheet
- Review lists of recommended organizations in our Giving Guide: Racial Justice or Giving Guide: Democracy
Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
- Partner with the foundation to create a plan that fits your financial and philanthropic goals. See the Estate planning and Bay Area Promise Society Brochure.
- Direct a charitable bequest to the San Francisco Foundation. See sample testamentary language.
Nonprofit Agency Funds
- Learn more about our options for Nonprofit Agency Funds
- Download the 2020-2021 Professional Advisors Guide to assist your clients.
Give Guides: SFF Recommendations for Strategic Giving
Racial Justice Give Guide – The organizations featured in this guide are doing critical, responsive work during the pandemic, economic collapse, and racial justice uprisings. Download Give Guide.
Democracy and Racial Justice Give Guide – The organizations featured in this guide are working to mobilize resources and people to protect and improve our democracy. Download Give Guide.
Election Response Give Guide – Funding options in this guide include organizations that work to help preserve democracy at the national, state, and local levels. Download Give Guide.
In addition, we provide giving options and ways to support community groups responding to AAPI violence and hate and organizations reimagining public safety, justice, and advocacy. Click on the links to read our statements to those recent events that include giving options and ways to support.