Click on the sections below for forms, guides, and resources available to help with your giving planning.
The San Francisco Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, and our Employer Identification Number (EIN) is #01-0679337.
Ways to Manage Your Fund
- For online grantmaking, visit the Donor Portal
- To make a grant recommendation, complete a Grant Recommendation Form (submit via fax, mail or email)
- Review the International Grantmaking Fact Sheet
- Review lists of recommended organizations in our Giving Guide: Racial Justice or Giving Guide: Democracy
Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
- Review the Donor Advised Fund Fact Sheet
- Complete a Donor Advised Fund Agreement
- See Summary of Fees
- Learn more about our Investment Options
- Review our fact sheet to learn more about how to Include a Donor Advised Fund in Your Estate Plan
- Partner with the foundation to create a plan that fits your financial and philanthropic goals. See the Estate planning and Bay Area Promise Society Brochure.
- Direct a charitable bequest to the San Francisco Foundation. See sample bequest language.
- Give through a charitable remainder trust. See charitable remainder trusts fact sheet.
- Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA. See detailed giving instructions.
- Direct a charitable bequest to your Donor Advised Fund at the San Francisco Foundation. Learn more about how to Include a Donor Advised Fund in Your Estate Plan.
Nonprofit Agency Funds
- Learn more about our options for Nonprofit Agency Funds
- Download the 2023 Professional Advisors Guide to assist your clients.
See our library of give guides available for download and review.