Click on the sections below for more information and forms available.
The San Francisco Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, and our Employer Identification Number (EIN) is #01-0679337.
How to Make a Gift
Use our online donation form to make a gift.
- Pay by credit card
- Cash transfer: To make a gift of cash to the foundation via electronic funds transfer, please contact foundation staff at (415) 733-8590 or donorservices[at]sff.org.
- Pay by check: Make a gift by sending a check payable to The San Francisco Foundation. Indicate the name of your fund in the memo line and mail the check to: The San Francisco Foundation, P.O. Box 399275, San Francisco, CA 94139-9275.
- Gift of securities: To transfer securities to the foundation, please contact foundation staff at (415) 733-8590 or donorservices[at]sff.org.
Ways to Manage Your Fund
- For online grantmaking, visit the Donor Portal
- To make a grant recommendation, complete a Grant Recommendation Form (submit via fax, mail or email)
- Review the International Grantmaking Fact Sheet
- Review lists of recommended organizations in our Giving Guide: Racial Justice or Giving Guide: Democracy
Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
- Partner with the foundation to create a plan that fits your financial and philanthropic goals. See the Estate planning and Bay Area Promise Society Brochure.
- Direct a charitable bequest to the San Francisco Foundation. See sample testamentary language.
Nonprofit Agency Funds
- Learn more about our options for Nonprofit Agency Funds
- Download the 2019 Professional Advisors Guide to assist your clients.