Does your nonprofit organization have a rainy day fund or an endowment? By opening an nonprofit fund with the San Francisco Foundation, you gain access to top-notch investment managers, exceptional performance, and the guidance of an industry-leading Investment Committee. In addition, you are partnering with a trusted philanthropic organization whose focus is the community and the nonprofit organizations that help it thrive.
Nonprofit Fund Types
- Agency Endowed Fund: a fund established by a nonprofit that wants to protect long-term assets while receiving relatively even annual distributions to support its mission. The fund is invested with the foundation’s endowment pool to provide sustaining support and is best for partners that see value in limiting access to a portion of fund earnings only and preserving fund principal for the long-term.
- Agency Non-Endowed Fund: a fund established by a nonprofit that wants to protect medium to long-term assets, while retaining the discretion to take distributions as needed to support its mission. Because the fund is not an endowment fund, a nonprofit has access to the entire fund balance as needs arise. The fund can be invested in one of the foundation’s investment pools to provide growth in funds over time. Grant requests may be made in any amount, up to the fund’s balance, providing the nonprofit with maximum flexibility.
Learn more about the two different nonprofit funds.
- $250,000 minimum to establish
- 1% administrative fee
- Assets irrevocably transferred to and owned by the foundation
- Component fund of the foundation
- Fund invested in one of the foundation’s investment pools
- Foundation Board of Trustees and Investment Committee oversee investments
- Top investment management and performance
- Acceptance of complex assets
- Regular fund statements
- Donor Center online fund portal
- Easy, efficient, and personalized service
- Estate and gift planning services
For more information, please contact Pamela Doherty, director of development, at (415) 733-8521 or pdoherty[at]sff.org.