I have come to San Francisco Foundation events and seen Black and Brown people in the room, people who’ve had careers in politics, people who’ve had careers in the community, and activists. My impression is that the San Francisco Foundation has a much more community-minded, progressive group of people involved, which I love. — Anonymous donor
What do you care about most? What change do you want to make? We know that every donor is unique. We meet you where you are and help further your philanthropic vision. Our goal is to help you make the most of your giving and to ensure that you have a rewarding experience with the San Francisco Foundation.
Since 1948, we have partnered with individual, family, corporate and foundation donors to invest more than $2 billion into impactful nonprofits. Together, we are creating a better Bay Area and beyond.
- Donor Advised Funds and Flexible Giving: You have a variety of giving options to choose from when creating a new charitable fund or adding to your existing fund. We accept a range of assets to make giving convenient and simple.
- Ease and Efficiency: Once you establish a fund, you can engage in grantmaking with 24/7 access through our secure online portal.
- Personalized Service and Professional Advice: We offer strategies and skill to support your philanthropic interests and passions. Options include one-on-one consultation, funding recommendations, our donor newsletter and foundation updates, and strategic giving plans.
- Engagement Opportunities: We offer donors a variety of opportunities for learning, engagement and impact. Donors convene for educational seminars, neighborhood site visits, grantee forums and other special events that address pressing issues and celebrate success in the Bay Area.
- Grantmaking Expertise: You are free to give locally, across the country and around the world. Our expertise in Bay Area grantmaking means that we have in-depth information to share about organizations that are working hard to make our region an even better place to live. In particular, we work closely with nonprofits that advance racial equity and economic inclusion in underserved communities in San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin and San Mateo counties so that everyone in the Bay Area can be economically secure, rooted in vibrant communities and engaged in civic life.
- Superior Investment Management: With $1.5 billion in assets, exceptional advisors and many outstanding options at our disposal, our investment performance is consistently at the top of the community foundation field and a top 5 percent performer among all endowments and foundations across the country. As a result, the charitable dollars in our donors’ funds go further.
- Estate and Gift Planning: You can make a lasting impact through your estate plan by supporting causes that have been important to you. Leave a legacy, join other donors in our region and become a member of the Bay Area Promise Society.
Our donor services team is happy to assist you with any questions you might have. Please contact us at donorservices[at]sff.org or (415) 733-8590.