I have come to San Francisco Foundation events and seen Black and Brown people in the room, people who’ve had careers in politics, people who’ve had careers in the community, and activists. My impression is that the San Francisco Foundation has a much more community-minded, progressive group of people involved, which I love. — Anonymous donor
What do you care about most? What change do you want to make? We know that every donor is unique. We meet you where you are and help further your philanthropic vision. As a leading philanthropic resource for the Bay Area, we take the time to understand what’s important to you so we can provide customized solutions for your giving.
Since 1948, we have partnered with individual, family, corporate and foundation donors to invest more than $2 billion into impactful nonprofits. Together, we are creating a better Bay Area and beyond.
- Charitable Funds and Flexible Giving: You have a variety of options to choose from when creating a new charitable fund to support your giving locally, nationally, or around the world. We accept a range of assets to make giving convenient and simple.
- Personalized Service and Grantmaking Expertise: For fund holders and private foundations, we offer strategies and skill to support your philanthropic interests and passions, and to maximize the impact of your giving. Options include one-on-one consultation, funding recommendations and strategic giving plans.
- Bay Area Knowledge: Our expertise in Bay Area grantmaking means that we have in-depth information to share about organizations that are working hard to make our region an even better place to live. In particular, we work closely with nonprofits that advance racial equity and economic inclusion in underserved communities throughout the region.
- Engagement Opportunities: We offer donors a variety of opportunities for learning, engagement and impact. Donors convene for educational seminars, neighborhood site visits, grantee forums and other special events that address pressing issues and celebrate success in the Bay Area.
- Superior Investment Management: With $1.5 billion in assets, exceptional advisors and many outstanding options at our disposal, our investment performance is consistently at the top of the community foundation field and a top 5 percent performer among all endowments and foundations across the country. As a result, the charitable dollars in our donors’ funds go further. In addition, we offer socially-responsible and impact investing options.
- Charitable Gift Planning: You can make a lasting impact during your lifetime or through your estate plan by supporting causes that have been important to you. Leave a legacy, join other donors in our region and become a member of the Bay Area Promise Society.
Our donor services team is happy to assist you with any questions you might have. Please contact us at donorservices[at]sff.org or (415) 733-8590.