Since our inception, we have worked with generations of donors to create a better, more inclusive Bay Area and beyond. Whether you’re a new or experienced donor, we meet you where you are by providing customized, easy and empowering philanthropic service. We offer a number of giving tools for individuals, families and businesses.
Open a Fund
- Donor Advised Fund: For donors seeking active involvement in philanthropy, donor advised funds are a flexible giving vehicle that will help you to achieve your philanthropic goals.
- Customized Funds: For donors wishing to create a fund to support specific named areas of interest or particular nonprofits in an efficient and reliable fashion, customized funds can be endowed to last in perpetuity or non-endowed to be spent over time. Minimum fund size varies depending on whether a fund is endowed or non-endowed.
- For donors who wish to provide sustaining, impactful support in perpetuity for the future needs of a specific organization or an issue that you select.
Create a Supporting Organization
- For donors wishing to establish a separate giving entity, similar to a private foundation, within the San Francisco Foundation.
- For donors wishing to directly support the San Francisco Foundation’s work advancing racial equity and economic inclusion.
What To Give
Donors have a variety of giving options to choose from when creating a new giving fund or adding to an existing fund. We accept a range of assets to make giving convenient and simple.
Donors can contribute:
- Cash/credit card
- Mutual funds
- Closely held stock
- Pre-IPO stock
- Partnership interests
- Real estate
To help identify the best vehicle for your giving, please contact us at donorservices[at]sff.org or (415) 733-8590.