Beyond our grant dollars, our foundation plays another critical role — that of a civic leader listening to the community that we serve, convening a vast network of partners and exerting our voice on key policies that address the underlying causes of inequity. With this all-in approach, we can dismantle barriers for the most marginalized residents in the Bay Area.
Our Bay Area Leads Fund enables our foundation’s influential leadership and community engagement work. The fund has helped make these recent achievements possible:
- Bay Area Voices: A set of community listening sessions, with more than 1,000 people in five Bay Area counties, to learn about the state of equity in the region from the mouths of residents.
- The People, Place and Power event series: An ongoing high-profile discussion series on equity, featuring top Bay Area thought leaders, in partnership with KQED and the Commonwealth Club.
- Research publications: Original research that examines equity in the Bay Area to inform policymakers and the public.
There are a number of ways to support our leadership work:
- Through your Donor Advised Fund at the foundation: log into Donor Center and make a grant recommendation to the Bay Area Leads Fund.
- Make a gift online.
- Send us a check payable to “San Francisco Foundation — Bay Area Leads Fund.”
- Contact us to discuss contributions of other assets, such as securities.
For more information on the Bay Area Leads Fund, contact Ruben Orduña, Chief of Philanthropy, at (415) 733-8507 or rorduna[at]sff.org.