California’s early fire season this year has already proven devastating. More than 600 fires are raging throughout the state, burning more than 1.4 million acres. In the Bay Area, rare lightning storms on August 16 ignited the LNU, SCU and CZU Lightning Complex Fires that continue to ravage multiple counties. We encourage our donors to support the local fire relief efforts below, and to learn how the state’s fire control efforts will be bolstered by Prop 15 – the Schools and Communities First measure on the November ballot.
Community foundations work with local nonprofits to determine the short- and long-term relief and recovery needs of the region, ensuring all donations are effectively deployed. Donors may recommend a grant from their donor advised fund to these community foundations and designate the specific disaster relief fund. We stand in solidarity with our fellow community foundations that are committed to supporting those who need resources most.
- Community Foundation for Monterey County (for the Monterey County Fire Relief Fund)
- Community Foundation Santa Cruz County (for the Fire Response Fund)
- Community Foundation Sonoma County (for the Sonoma County Resilience Fund)
- Napa Valley Community Foundation (for the Napa Valley Wildfire Fund)
- North Valley Community Foundation (for the Wildfire Relief and Recovery Fund)
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation (for the San Mateo & Santa Clara County Fire Relief Fund)
- Solano Community Foundation (for the Solano Disaster Relief Fund)